What Is Joint Admission & Matriculation Board (JAMB) Regularization & Why Do You Need To Do It.
Know what JAMB REGULARISATION is as well as the importance and how to do it yourself.
Well, you are lucky to be reading this post because you are taking a very crucial and important step for your studies.
- Are you a student of Nigeria?
- Did you school in any tertiary institution in Nigeria and you have been asked to regularize your jamb?
- Also, are you done with schooling and you are about to go for service (NYSC)?
- Or you are still schooling but are not sure your jamb is regularized.
If you fall under any of these categories, congratulations, as you are on the right site to put you through what you need to do.
- Moreover, a lot of students have been asking questions like;
- What is jamb regularization?
- How does one do the jamb regularisation?
- How much does it cost to do jamb regularization?
- Is jamb regularization for everyone?
Not to worry anymore, these questions and many more will be extensively discussed here to your better understanding.
Firstly, let us see what jamb regularization is all about before we can talk about;
- why it is necessary,
- how to do jamb regularization,
- how much it costs to do it and
- which people must do the jamb regularization.
- Is it compulsory for everyone?
- How do I know if I am to do a jamb regularization?
- when is jamb regularization deadline?
What Is JAMB Regularization?
Firstly, do you know that in Nigeria, the joint admission and matriculation board (JAMB) is responsible for granting and managing tertiary education admission?
Now you do!
JAMB regularization is a process of managing or regulating students of OND, HND, NCE, bachelor’s Degree programs for easy reference and recognition.
Also, another name for jamb regularisation is late entry Or Direct Entry Admission. The reason for this will be discussed later in this post, so, kindly read through.
However, this is very important because without this, it is likely that your admission is not recognised and could be declared null.
Furthermore, read this article carefully to see the importance of doing your jamb regularization and people who it is mostly likely to affect the most.
Is Jamb Regularization Compulsory For Everyone?
As a matter of fact, jamb regularization is not for everyone but it is necessary that all students confirm that their jamb is regularized because it is very important.
Meanwhile, below are the categories of people who are to do jamb regularization compulsorily.
Direct Entry Students
These are students who after their provisional admission into an institution decide to transfer to another school to further their education. Especially those who school in polytechnics and colleges of education and decide to run a degree program in the university.
Those who got admission in an institution that do not need jamb
There are institutions who do not require jamb score or result to be admitted. For example, National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN).
Students Who Run Programs That Does Not Require JAMB
Yes! There are certain programs in tertiary institutions that do not require JAMB exam for students of such programs. For example, Pre-Degree students do not require to write jamb to be admitted. Therefore, students who got admission into any higher institution though pre-degree must do jamb regularisation.
Also, Students Who Study Courses In An Institution Which Was Not Originally Granted To Them By JAMB
There are students who are currently studying a course which was not the original course granted to them when they gained admission via JAMB. For example, if a student was offered admission into psychology department in an institution and later decides to change to Law after the first year; such student is required to do jamb regularization.
I believe with the few illustrations above, you now have a clearer view or understanding of what jamb regularisation is and people who are to regularize their jamb.
Now, let us see the importance of doing jamb regularization.
Importance Of Jamb Regularization
- Firstly, your admission will not be recognized by JAMB which is the body that regulates admission in Nigeria.
- As a result of the statement above, your admission might be considered null and void.
- Also, you will not be able to be mobilised for service.
- Hence, you will not have your NYSC certificate which is very essential in Nigeria and has become a criteria to get employed.
- And lastly but not the least, you might just as well consider your years in tertiary institution a waste. Yes!
So, the reasons above is why you should endeavor to do your jamb regularization speedily without relent.
How To know You Do Not Need To Do Jamb Regularization
Funny enough, some people might not be aware that they need to regularize their jamb. Well, this is how to check if you are on the JAMB ADMISSION LIST
- Visit jamb direct portal @ www.jamb.org.ng
- Scroll to the year you write your jamb and click on it.
- Now, click on check admission status.
- Enter your jamb registration number
- Afterwards, if your name is on the jamb admission list, your details will appear. Else, it will show you No admission offered yet
In this case, you should do jamb regularization. Though, sometimes you might just be directed to reprint your admission letter after your details appear. In this late case, just go to a cyber café and reprint your jamb admission letter.
How To Do Your Jamb Regularization By Yourself
- Create a jamb profile in jamb portal @ www.jamb.org.ng
- You will now have to log into your email which you provided while creating your profile to continue the process.
- Subsequently, a password will be sent to you which you will use to login your account.
- Click on late application
- Immediately, a transaction ID will be generated which you will use for future references.
- Afterwards, you will be directed to make payment to continue your process.
- Now, press continue and proceed to make payment after selecting your payment type.
- After payment, you will be instructed to enter your JAMB REGISTRATION NUMBER & YEAR OF ADMISSION
- When this is done correctly, an application form will be displayed on the screen for you to fill it.
- Now, fill it with the required details correctly and carefully.
- Afterwards, submit the form online and an identity form or slip will be displayed to you for printing.
- Subsequently, print it out and take it to your institution for approval.
- Your institution will forward it to jamb office for approval and correction.
- Finally, once jamb has processed your application, a notification will be sent to you and your corrections have been made.
Jamb Regularization Deadline
Actually, there is no deadline for jamb regularization because it occurs all year round for people to log in.
Congratulations! You have now successfully known how to do your jamb regularization and save yourself of stress and money.
How Much Is JAMB Regularization ?
As at when this post was published, jamb regularisation cost N10,000
I believe this post has been informative enough for you, kindly share this post through any social media platform and inform others too.
Also, feel free to ask questions if you need to and expect immediate response.
Importantly, your comments are very important to us as they help us serve you better. Kindly do well to tell us what you feel about this post.